Monday, February 18, 2019

Letter from editor: Poems of theSoul


Letter from editor: Poems of theSoul



Dear reader:
I think that poetry in the past was always for me as something that lacked understanding and interest. I think I suffered a kind of scientific indoctrination in my university and professional times. With the passage of time I have come to appreciate it better, although the difficulties to understand the message of the writer of poems still subsist.

I recognize that for this reason I have not published a good number of poems.
However, due to the readers' consideration, this situation has changed, giving it greater literary coverage.

The poet Antonio Machado calls his works "poems of the soul"; and this is the hallmark of this literary style that uses the soul as a source of inspiration.
And what is the soul? It is the part of a person that is not physical. It is the part of every human being that lasts forever after the body experiences death. As C. S. Lewis said, "You do not have a soul, you are a soul, it is different from the heart and the spirit, it can be strong or unstable, and there is often confusion about the human spirit versus the human soul.
We have been created in the image of God with spirit, soul and body, in that order.
 Now in the human soul is the intellect, the will and the emotions. With the spirit one can relate or communicate with God.

Well, going back to the works of poets; it seems to me that they, for the most part, have chosen that in some way, using the components of the soul; to scrutinize his own soul according to his experiences, to then dress them towards us in the form of poetry.
There, is where that kind of "bottleneck" is formed, which I think is the obstacle place where the difficulties of many of us are to not only understand poetry, but the poet's own message. It is clear that there are to our beautiful reaches and diverse poems of great quality written by poets that transcend history; so it's worth making the effort to understand them.
 Undoubtedly, as the saying goes, "between tastes and colors authors have not written"
and: nor do they enter the shoes by force ".


There are fantastic writers who leave us thoughts in their narrations, which should be taken advantage of by us; making pauses in our frantic speed of life.

For example: Recently publish a story by Cees Nooteboom titled, "Gondolas".
And the writer, I think referring to friendship says: "Better Company than love."
What do you think of the thought? Read the story and draw your own conclusion.

To finish this my digression, I told you to ask my son, what would happen to my blogs when I am is no longer here. He told me that they would continue in the network uninterruptedly while someone still requested their reading.
This fascinated me and increased my energies for the publication of more articles including poetry, by the way.
You know that in the background every person yearns to be reminded of one after death; and I think with regret you have to accept that even when you are alive you are also forgotten.
But in my case I remembered once more that my name is already written in the "Lamb's Book of Life" which is Jesus. And by the way I will dwell with the Lord "for long days".
So, that of being reminded or forgotten, it takes a back seat.

By reflecting on this, proving that such is the struggle of people for survival and longing
for wealth, which leaves aside basic issues such as love and friendship for others, for another moment that often does not come?

And sometimes I reflect when I see a nest of ants in a field, watching them come and go hurriedly, working tirelessly, running over others, passing over each other, in their feverish race to finish the tasks for survival, reminds me of human life .

With affection,
Ruben



No comments:

Post a Comment