Thursday, September 19, 2019

Letter from the editor: Blog raids on photography



Letter from the editor: Blog raids on photography



Dear reader friend:
This blog of "Stories and Narrations" has always tried to cultivate the art of language among people. In addition, the stories, narrations, poems, remembrances, reflections, humor, thoughts, historical matters and others are the components of this blog to take you culture and useful distraction.

However, for a while I have thinking the idea of
​​incorporating the wonder of photography into the blog, also considering that the "black and white" is the familiar and natural color of the reader.
More I believe that photography will open the doors to our perception of our environment, with a different “approach”, not necessarily better, but complementary.
 I think that a bit of color with photography, despite still the beauty of black and white photographs; will be something more cheerful for the reader.
 Moreover, on the other hand, I read what CarlMydans writes when he says that photography is the only language that can be known understood worldwide. ”
So now we will also use the language of photography in this blog.

I also transcribe the thought of Bill Brandt:
“The challenge for me has been in the first place, to see things as they are, be it a portrait, a city street, or a ball. In a word, I have tried to be objective. I am not referring to the objectivity of a machine, but to that of a sensitive human being with his mysterious and personal criteria. The second challenge has been to impose order on the things I see, to provide the visual context and the intellectual framework, which for me is the art of photography”.


Finally, I am pleased to show you,  as an introduction of photography to this Blog, three artistic   drawings works from my son Francisco "Paco" Vernal.

With affection,
Ruben

Same Blood
Beautifull Skull

Dragon Pillar



No comments:

Post a Comment