Monday, September 24, 2018

Quotable quotes: 6 Reader ‘Digest (1984)



Quotable quotes: 6 Reader ‘Digest (1984)

102. When I hear my friends say that they hope their children do not have to go through the hardships they suffered; I disagree.
Such narrowness made us what we are. It is possible to suffer all kinds of disadvantages, and a reaction may be not having been forced to fight.
103. My life has been a series of ups and downs; approximately the same amount of highs as low ones. I have nothing sensational about what I can report every day about my progress.
And I often wonder, if the full life is not necessarily linked to a change to improve.
104. My pastor once asked me how things are going. I replied: things are going well although it would not be bad if they were better.
And he answered me: And how do you know that they would improve if they did not hurt you?
105. Rain and tears are ordinary washing the dirt of life.
106. Since there are no small persons or unimportant lives, there is no insignificant work either.
107. The only way to discover the limits of what is possible is to venture a little more of them, towards the impossible.
108. After living and dreaming, what matters most: Awakening.
109. Prayer is talking to God; Meditation is listening to God.
110. There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.
111. The lack of options makes the mind wonderfully clear.
112. Of all the possible reactions to slander, one, the most skillful
 and economic, it is silence.
113. A life without distractions or parties is like a long journey without stops.
114. Music is love in search of words.
115. The whole society honors its living conformists and their dead agitators.
116. When we reach maturity it is when we do not need to have fun to be happy.

117. The little that I I know  owe to my ignorance.
118. The humble have not yet inherited the world, but many will already be holding it.
119. The rumor is like a check: you do not have to take it for good until it is proven that  it have funds.
120. Many times the way to do more for a child is to do less.
121. Planned aging of accountants is not a new concept.
The Creator had already applied it to man.

With affection,
Ruben

No comments:

Post a Comment