Monday, February 7, 2022

Pedro Salinas Poems

 

Pedro Salinas



 


 

Best poems of Pedro Salinas

 

 

 Here I offer you a selection of the verses of one of the most renowned poets of the generation of 27. It is a compilation of the best poems by Pedro Salinas.

1.      Yesterday I kissed you on the lips

Yesterday I kissed you on the lips. I kissed you in the lips. Dense, reds. It was such a short kiss that lasted longer than lightning, what a miracle, more.

 Time after giving it to you I didn't want it at all anymore, Not at all I had wanted it before. It started, it ended on him. Today I am kissing a kiss;

I am alone with my lips. I put them not in your mouth, no, not anymore… Where has he escaped me? -. I put them in the kiss that I gave you yesterday, in the mouths together of the kiss that they kissed. And this kiss lasts longer than silence, than light. Because it is no longer a meat not a mouth that I kiss, that escapes, that escapes me. No. I am kissing you further.

 

2.     Thinking of you is having you

How do you let me think of you? Thinking of you I do not do it alone, me. Thinking of you is having you like the naked body before the kisses, all before me, delivered. I feel how you give yourself to my memory, how you surrender to burning thinking, your great consent in the distance, and more than consent, more than surrender, you help me, you come to me, you teach me foreshortened memories, you beckon me with the delights, alive, of the past, inviting me. Tell me from there that we do what I want -unite- when thinking of you, and we enter through the kiss that you open for me, and we think of you, both of us, just me.

 

3. The voice due to you

 

You always live in your actions. With the tips of your fingers, you press the world, you rip it out dawns, triumphs, colors, happiness: it's your music. Life is what you touch. From your eyes, only from them, the light that guides you comes out the steps. Walk for what you see Nothing more. And if a doubt makes you signs to ten thousand kilometers, you leave everything, you throw yourself on prows, on wings, you are already there; with the kisses, with your teeth you tear it: there is no doubt. You can never doubt. Because you have returned the mysteries Reverse. And your riddles, what you will never understand those things are so clear: the sand where you lie, the march of your clock and the tender pink body what do you find in your mirror every day when you wake up, and it's yours. The wonders that are already decrypted.

 And you were never wrong more than once, one night that a shadow infatuated you -the only one you liked-. A shadow seemed. And you wanted to hug her.

 And it was me.

 

4.     Don’t reject dreams for being dreams

 

Do not reject dreams because they are dreams. All dreams can be reality, if the dream does not end. Reality is a dream. If we dream that, the stone is the stone that is the stone. What flows in rivers is not water; it is a dream, the water, crystal clear. Reality disguises his own dream, and says: "I am the sun, the heavens, love." But it never goes away, it never goes away If we pretend to believe that it is more than a dream. And we live dreaming of it. Sound is the way the soul it has so that it never escapes what would escape if we let to dream that what does not exist is true. Just die a love that has stopped dreaming made matter and that is sought on earth

5.   No naked voice

     No weapons. not the sweets smiles, you don't even call them quick from anger No weapons. Nor the waters of bottomless goodness, nor treachery, crooked beak. Any. No weapons. Alone. Wrapped in your silence. "Yes" and "no", "tomorrow" and "when", sharp point’s break of useless arrows in your smooth silence without defeat or glory. Be careful, it kills you cold, invincible, eternal that, what keeps you, that, what saves you, the edge of silence that you sharpen.

 

    With affection,

Ruben

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment