Monday, October 22, 2012

Actitude: I am old



I am old
 

 


The other day a young person asked me what it felt like to be old.
The question surprised me because I do not feel old.
Growing old, I decided it's a gift. I am now, probably for the first time in my life, the person I always wanted to be.
Sometimes I despair of my body with wrinkles, gray hair and baldness, and I often wonder at the person who lives in my mirror.
But do not worry about these things for a long time. No trade my amazing friends and my wonderful life, for less gray hair and a muscular body.
With age, I've become kind to me and less critical of myself.
I've become my best friend. No scolding me eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that game garden did not need.
This is my right to be a little messy, extravagant and enjoy the smell of flowers. I have seen many friends leave this world too soon, before they understood the freedom that comes with getting older.
Who cares if I choose to read or play on the computer until four in the morning, then sleep until noon?
Dance with myself to those wonderful chords of the 50's and 60 ', and if I want at the time, also mourn for a lost love.
I will walk on the beach with my old bathing suit, despite the looks of pity on those who use bikini. They will be old (if they're lucky).
I know I am sometimes forgetful, but I remember the important things.
Through the years my heart has been broken, how the heart cannot break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or when your pet dies?
But a broken heart is what gives us strength and understanding and compassion.
A heart never broken, never know the joy of being imperfect.
I am blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turn gray, and still keep the smile from my youth. So many have not laughed, and so many have died before their hair is silvery return.
Plus, I can say no and meaning it, as if to say and want to say.
When you get older, it is easier to be positive, you care less of what other people may think, and I've given up the right to be wrong.
I like being old, has given me freedom, and I like being the person that I've become.
I will not live forever, but while I'm here I will not waste time lamenting what could have been or worrying about what will be.
Eat dessert every day if you so desire.
We must continue to love simply love generously, speak kindly, and the rest leave it to God.
How beautiful it is to contemplate the flowers and smell their fragrance at times of our old age. They are beautiful butterflies flying from flower to flower.
Dear friends: Enjoy your years of life and not suffer for having lost youth
So live and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment