Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Spiritual reflection: Lesson of the butterfly



Lesson of the butterfly




One day a small opening appeared a caterpillar, and a man sat and watched the butterfly for several hours, watching as it struggled to force its body could go through the small hole.
At one point they thought the track despite his effort, not moving anything. It seemed he had reached a point where I could not go further.
Then the man decided to help the caterpillar and enlarged the hole.
The butterfly then emerged easily. But his body was weak, the wings were not developed, and the legs not supported.
The man continued to watch hoping that at any time launch a walk and then take flight through the flowers. But nothing happened.
The truth is that the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around on the floor. He was unable to take flight. What man with all good will, wanted to help the butterfly, she did not understand that to make a great effort to cross the small hole, vital juices were distributing and spreading body parts requiring strength to fly.
Passing the hole effortlessly wings did not receive the necessary substance.
Sometimes we need the effort and difficulty in our lives.
If God allowed us to spend our life without obstacles, we would be weak and would not get to be as strong as we should, to "take flight".
I asked for strength and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for wisdom and God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for prosperity and God gave me intelligence and muscles to work.
I asked for courage and God gave me obstacles to overcome.
I asked for love and God gave me troubled people who help.
I asked for favors and God gave me opportunities.
I received nothing that I asked for, but I got what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment